Sunday, June 06, 2010

La Source

Last week, me and Lucy went on Holiday to La Source! It was splendid, let me tell you everything!:
(See how close it is to where I went skiing in December!)

Yeah it was close to where I went skiing, so we decided to take a plane this time (it was a 30hr coach journey to skiing!). Such a shame our flight was 5 hours delayed on the way out! We finally got there at about midnight. Went straight to bed. When we got up in the morning, we couldn't believe our eyes!!

The place looked incredible! We were in a bowl, surrounded by mountains; still with snow on-top—despite how sunny it was. We were in a beautiful two-storey chalet, just a 2 minute walk from the main house. Both places were so cosy and relaxing.

Every day we'd sit around that table (in the main house) to eat breakfast and dinner with the other guests and staff. It turns out all of the other guests were family of the owner of La Source. Everyone was incredible. So welcoming, interesting, happy and friendly. Everyone helped us organise our holiday with recommendations, phoning places to book and driving us around. The people there really made the holiday.

We went there for an activity/adventure/relaxation holiday, and we certainly did a lot of those! Here:

We did parapenting! (Like paragliding, but in the sitting position.) It was such a sight! But after 10 minutes I felt very travel-sick... and... I actually threw-up in mid-air! That's right, 1600meters in the sky. I couldn't help it! Just hope I didn't hit anyone!!

We also did white-water rafting. It was, about, the only day it rained, so we thought it'd be a good idea. It was tons of fun, and we didn't even fall out! (I just got blasted to the back of the boat on my bum!) Wild!

We did rock climbing on huge cliffs! (It was a bit safer, though. We had a safety line and there were metal pins in the rocks.) So amazing. I'm not usually scared of heights, but this was giving me the shakes!

We also did a high-ropes course, which was also very high and very challenging! You could choose how hard the course was (of course, I went for the hardest route possible!)

We went swimming in the lake!

We had a full-body massage from the same masseuse who massages Trinny, from Trinny & Susannah! She was lovely, and I felt so great afterwards! We also went in the hot tub at La Source! So relaxing!

We spent the day in a place called Anise, it was so picturesque!

We took a speed-boat out on the lake! Fun.

Yep, it was a truly brilliant holiday! But, like I said, the people we were with made it so incredible. It was such a personal holiday. So much better than never meeting anyone else and spending all day on some beach. We felt like guests, not customers.

The people I met made me realise a new lifestyle that I had never even considered before. It really showed me that we're not tied to our shirt & ties, money obsessions and negativity. We can all be free, relaxed and, almost in a carefree bubble world. Payment would always be the last thing people mentioned (if at all). They never even lock their doors there (very strange for me to get used to!)

Wow. Thanks, La Source. What a great holiday that was. And I'm so glad I got to spend it with my lovely girlfriend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment