Monday, September 17, 2007

The day I met Anthony Green...

On Wednesday, Nat and I travelled to Cardiff to see Circa Survive play at Barfly. You know, that tiny little club in Cardiff that's so small you're bound to meet the band if you try. Last time I was here I met Dan Trap and Buddy Nielson (for the 3rd time!). We met up with Speed and Gecko, too.

The support bands kicked ass! I knew they'd have some good support. But the main act was amazing, I got straight to the front.

They really got the crowd going, Anthony was more in the crowd than on stage! I was holding him up / singing with him / smiling with him, it kicked ass. Such a good atmosphere, everyone was loving it.

I love barfly, it's so small. There must've only been about 70 people there. It's so good when your close enough for the band to hear what you're saying. I wouldn't want to see them anywhere else.

After the show Anthony went off somewhere, but we said thanks to the other band members and hung around for ages. I was getting pretty worried that we wouldn't meet him! But we had to. And finally he came back and we all had a good chat.


He was such a nice guy, thanked me for staying up the front, we told him how much we loved his acoustic work and he told us about a new song he just wrote.

Maybe I'm over obsessing a bit to much about this, but right now I can't think of anyone I'd rather have met. I listen to this guy's voice at least every day in one of his projects. It meant a lot to actually meet him! His music makes me happy :-)

man, best gig every, and only £9! bargain, can't wait to see 'em again.

I went to my sister's vet's fund raiser yesterday. It made me remember how much I would love to have a dog. A Labrador, to be precise. I hope I get into a situation pretty soon where a dog would fit my life. I wouldn't get one otherwise. I wouldn't wait it being bored in the house all day. Anyway, probably a long way off, like, retirement, so I'll just shut up.

Here's one I drew on Facebook:

2 comments:

  1. oh man its so awesome to meet anthony green i'd be talkin about it all the time too!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he is a really cool person. i met him when he came to houston. i was right in the front also and he thanked me too. its so werid how after you meet an artist like him, it makes you want to listen even more to his stuff.

    ReplyDelete