Sunday, November 20, 2011

New Band!


Omg, hi Blog. I thought I'd drop by to tell you about the new band I'm in! That's right, I'm in a new band, but this time it's a proper band! A gigging band! Let me tell you about it from the start...

After watching Dad/Joe's band at the wedding, I was determined to get into a decent band for once. I looked at a few ads on websites and I was so lucky to find the perfect one! Good music, plus they rehearsed just at the end of my street!


They're called Ocean Red. I met-up with them for drinks and they were a really nice bunch of dudes. I learned all the songs from their demo and jammed with them the week after. Thought I played pretty badly, but give me a break, it was the first time! And they were very forgiving.

Before I knew it, they wanted me to play a gig! I had never done a gig before! And I had still only rehearsed with them once! I said yes, but made sure we had another two rehearsals the week before the gig. I was pretty nervous!

The first gig I would play was a charity show in an art gallery. Turns out Charlotte Church was going to be there because her boyfriend's band were playing too! So I was even more nervous! But actually, when the day came, I wasn't too bad. The place was so nice and chilled-out that I felt pretty relaxed! And yeah, Charlotte church was there watching us, but it was no big deal!


I've played another two gigs with them since then and I didn't feel nervous at all for the last one! Just really enjoy it! Next one is on Thursday at a fashion show,—cool!!

Ohh! And how could I forget that I went to a recording studio with them to record a new track! Get this, it was at the house of the guitarist from Motorhead! His son runs the studio, so I didn't actually meet the Motorhead dude. I had never recorded my bass before, but it went totally fine and I didn't mess up at all!! Really interesting to see all the behind-the-scenes of a band!

It's so much fun! I wish I had more photos but I don't yet. I'll keep you updated!!

Oh, by the way, Lucy & I saw Portugal. The Man play Bristol last night! They blew me away, so impressive! They've come a long way since we saw them in London! Can I also just mention that I had a nice weekend at May's with Speed & Hobday (we did Go Ape, a high-ropes course!) and a lovely time with Lucy at Noah's Ark Farm/Zoo. Speak soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment