Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lactic Acid (sucks)

Ah man! I'm sorry to leave my blog on a negative for such a long time. But I haven't been feeling brilliant, lately. But today! ... I have found out what has been causing me so much trouble for sooo long!! (two words:)

... Lactic ... Acid

Ohh man! It's so simple! Lactic acid has been the cause of my anxiety/mild panic attack problems for the last few years!

This took me ages, but I finally got to the bottom of it:
  • I was pretty sure the problem got worse straight after exercise (sure enough, exercise causes lactic acid in the muscles)
  • I thought it had something to do with my high-carb diet (yep, refined starches in a low oxygen state causes lactic acid)
  • Lately, I've realised milk/dairy is the biggest cause (yep, dairy is full of lactic acid)
  • I knew deep, belly-breathing helped (yeah man. Increasing oxygen levels gets rid of lactic acid).
It all makes perfect sense! And I've found plenty of websites to back me up. I feel so great for figuring this one out!! Now I know how to control it! I just wish I knew during hard times like exams!

This months been great! I went to two theme parks in the space of two weeks! The first was Alton Towers with Lucy:


And the second time was Drayton Manor with Weekenders (the volunteer project I do). I can't believe that was my last trip with Weekenders! I'm going to miss those little dudes, I really enjoyed chilling with them. Kids are so carefree; when I talk to them I'm free of any worry of trying to sound cool or intelligent or even make sense. It feels like I can just chat shit again, just like I did when I was a kid. I suppose it's like talking to a really great friend who you know won't judge you for talking rubbish, but it's even more carefree than all the boring, grown-up stuff adults talk about!

I'm going on holiday this weekend with Lucy to France!!! We're going to the mountains (near where I went skiing!) for an adventure/activity/relaxation holiday! Can't wait! It's my second time I've been on a plane, too! (sooo glad there won't be a 30hr coach journey each way like with skiing!!) I'll let you know how cool it was when I get back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment