Wednesday, July 07, 2010

8 Days of Fun

Blog, let me tell you: so much stuff has happened lately!! Omg, where to start... Ok, I think I know:

Let me take you back to a sunny June 11th. The sky was glowing, the seagulls were... making that really annoying noise they always make... and it was a beautiful day! They day of the Summer Ball, no less!! I'll spare the details as it was pretty much the same as the last two I've been too (super!), but here's a pic!:

These are the dudes I spent the ball with (friends of friends) and they were all really nice!

May came down the following Monday. Hah! What a night! May, Speed and I hit the tiles and ended up bringing two ladies back to our flat! No, not like that! We got back at about 4:30am, then Speed and I serenaded them both with our instruments. —our guitars... we played them songs. And they loved them! They told me I shouldn't go anywhere without my tambourine, from now on. They were so much fun! We didn't exchange any contact details, but we arranged to meet in the same bar in exactly 6 months time. Let's make it happen!!!

Here's me & May the next day:

Speed's birthday was on the 25th, and everything kicked-off on that day! We had something fun to do pretty much every day for about 8 days! Day 1 (Speed's birthday) was great, we went down town and had a sing and a dance!

Day 2: was so fun. We all went to my brother Chris' house for a huge BBQ (you know how Chris does his BBQs—gawd daym!) It was phat. I'm talking "ph" phat. He had a whole salmon and joint of lamb on there, for goodness shakes!

Day 3: After staying the night at Chris', I scurried home on the train, quick as I could. I had to get back to meet Hobday (I hadn't seen him for a year, and he came all the way from Cornwall!). He was still exactly the same! So funny!

Day 4: It was time to say goodbye to my friend Liz :-( We'd been friends since I met her in my first year at uni (she lived in the flat opposite). She's moving to London so we spent the day in the park where we took a boat out on the lake.

We also went for a nice meal in the evening, but I had to rush off to meet my friends from Weekenders (volunteer project) for one last drink with them. I'll miss those dudes!

Day 5: Day off, finally! Pub was meant to be today, but was re-arranged last minute.

Day 6: I was meant to meet my friend Lee!! (the guy I met on the coach!) but I realised that, with all the fun I was having, I had missed a deadline for my PhD, so I stayed in and worked... I'll see him soon!

Day 7 & 8 I spent helping at a "Summer School" project, which was to show young people with Asperger syndrome what university life is really like. It was really fun! We did lots of fun things like bowling, nice meal, shopping, coffee, games etc. And I stayed in Talybont halls of residents for the night! Everyone was sooo nice there. One of the young dudes was a brilliant artist and I asked him to draw me and here's what he did:

What a legend!

And now you are up to date!! I better stop typing before this post is too long to read. Just one last little bombshell: Speed got a job in North Wales so he has to move out... I could either live here with a stranger or move back to Cathays with some friends... I chose Cathays.... I'm moving out on Tuesday :-( I'mma really miss this flat! I'll keep you up to date after I move. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment