Sunday, August 09, 2009

Graduation

five weeks.... FIVE WEEKS since I last posted!! I know you won't even believe me if I tell you how sorry I am... But I can explain everything! Now, there's a lot to explain, so I'm not going to cram it all into one post; you deserve more than that. I'm going to give you the respect you deserve, blog! I hope you can find it in you to forgive me and share the tears and laughter with me. Here we go, this is my first post for the five weeks you've missed:

If I remember correctly, last time I posted was on the 5th July. I didn't tell you before, but on the Saturday I went on a boat trip with my family for my aunty's birthday! Great to see everyone! Anyway, I was still living in Talybont student digs back then. I was so desperate to find a flat in Cardiff Bay so I was booking lots of viewings etc. Turns out, on Wednesday (8th) I saw a beautiful flat in Galleon Way! I wanted it so badly, and on Friday I took Speed & his parents to see it. We all loved it and decided to take it. I couldn't wait to get out of Talybont and move in, but I had to wait!!

Monday was the day of my graduation! I was a bit nervous, my parents drove me up from Bristol and I picked up my robes and funny hat!

I'm afraid I look silly in all of the photos because I was nervous and the sun was always in my eyes.

Check this out, see the guy on the far left:

Kinda looks like he's gloating as he walks away from me? That's the guy that stole the top-of-the-year place from me by 1%!!!!! Sooo annoying!! I'm not bitter, btw!...

The ceremony was nice. The venue looked great and they even had a really good opera singer there!

I was one of the first people to go up. Dad managed to miss me with the video camera(!) but luckily it got professionally filmed (click here to see it. I'm at about 17:20). Here's some shots from the video:

It was fun! I didn't fall-over! So great to see all of my friends graduate! On Saturday, I had some friends & family over for an amazing graduation BBQ at my parent's house, the food was delicious and it was great to see everyone. On Sunday, some of us went for a walk through Blaise woods. We climbed the steepest, muddiest hill we could find, and it started to pour with rain when we were half-way up! Ooh, also we went to the Banksy museum!! Managed to skip the 2.5hr queue because Dan works there!! It was grrreat!

Right, I'll post the next installment of the 5 weeks you missed soon!! Goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment