Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Flat!!

Hello! This is post 2 for the 5 weeks that I didn't blog. I'm going to take you back to July 23rd. What a day! I was very excited! I took the day off work because today was the day that I was going to move into my new flat!!! That's right!! My parents were going to come to help me move in the afternoon, so in the morning, Speed took me to Ikea to buy cool things!!

Let's see some pictures, already!!

Isn't it beautiful!! It's a gorgeous complex called Galleon Way in Cardiff Bay. It's so perfect! Paradise compared to the student digs that I was staying in! It's a ten minute walk from my work, which is brilliant for when I miss my alarm clock: the other day I accidentally set my alarm 1hr late at 8:55. I don't know how I did it, but I managed to get dressed and run all the way to work before 9am!! I was on time!!! You probably don't believe me, and I'm not sure I believe it, myself! I'll be defying the rules of physics soon!!

Queue next picture!!

Anyway. My parents picked me up with a car full of my stuff and we went straight to the flat to meet the landlord. We checked it out, signed loads of paperwork, and it was ours!! Mine and Speed's, that is. Speed is moving in in September.

Once everything was sorted, my parents drove me to Tesco to get some shoppen. We pretty much filled the car with loads of big things like plants, chairs, foods and a microwave (the big car was in the garage). THEN we had to pick up all of my stuff from my student digs!! My dad was sooo stressed out, the car was completely full—TWICE! I was crushed! Somehow we got it all back to the flat and I called Speed (using our VIDEO INTERCOM! Oh, yes!) to come help me out of the pile.

We got everything sorted real good. Then Speed's parents decided to come to see the flat! I've been super-friends with Speed for 3 years now, and this was going to be the first time our parents had met! All six of us went out for a meal in the evening (there's so many restaurants around here!). We had a lovely time! And Speed was kind enough to stay the night with me on my first night.

There's just one tiny annoyance with the flat: there are LOADS of spiders outside! I'm scared to open the windows! Apparently some loser released them here to eat all the flies from the docks... don't think he thought that one through...

Anyway, this flat is amazing! I'm sooo happy to be here! I'm really looking forward to getting stuck-in, you know? Coming home on those cold, dark winter evenings to my cosy flat :-) Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment