Friday, June 19, 2009

Education: over

Wow. Over a month since I spoke to you last. It's going to be a long one! Let's get going, shall we:

So much has changed since I last posted! All of my exams are over!! I'll never have another exam again!! My entire education is over! That doesn't seem to be sinking in properly! Anyway, I've been to a few interviews and I managed to get a job in the Bay. I'm starting week-after-next. That's really soon, I know, but everything happened so fast! I know I really wanted to "live" before I started a job.... but I never sorted anything...

I still don't know if I'm doing a PhD. I find out at the end of the month (when I get my results). Either I do that or I could keep working, or find a new job.

I'm back in Bristol now, but I'll be back in Cardiff soon. Speed & I are searching for flats to move into so that's fun. I hope we get somewhere nice! There are so many possibilities now that I've finished uni. I can maybe get a car, maybe live in Cardiff Bay, actually have some free time! I bought some new paints and canvases today. I can't wait to get painting.

We did lots of celebrating after uni! Plenty of barbecues:

And the girls had a house party!

Omg, after the party, my housemate James decided to cook some oven chips. Trouble is he fell asleep while they were in the oven. I was in bed upstairs while, slowly, the house filled with smoke. Not sure why the smoke alarm didn't go off! Luckily Speed & Ali stumble home at 5:30am and woke James up with a "James.... Your chips are done :-)" funny! Here they are:

It was at the Summer Ball I finally felt everything sinking in. I danced in the crowd with all of my friends, watching Feeder play. And I thought to myself how lucky I am. I have finished my degree; I've found a job; I have a brilliant girlfriend, family; I've met some amazing, amazing people; and I've got so much to come!

It's great. My only regret is that I can't seem to enjoy this wonderful situation as much as I should! My brain still feels overworked, exhausted. I'm still de-stressing from it all, but I'll get there.

Lovely Phil and Ria came to visit me on Monday! I can't believe I overslept and missed meeting them at the train station! They had to trek to my house on their own (lucky they found it!), and I woke when I heard the doorbell! Wow, I must be exhausted! We had a great day, though! It's such a shame I haven't seen Natalie since Christmas! I miss her soooo!

Well that's as up-to-date I can bring you in one post. I'll try to keep it more regular now! Goodbye!

p.s. This is what it looks like when a 7 bedroom house forgets to take the rubbish out for 3 weeks in a row: (It looks quite clean/neat here, but I assure you it was horrid!)

No comments:

Post a Comment