Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just Perfect

Why are our imaginations so good at imagining people to be perfect? Do you ever get that? I get that plenty, mainly with people I see on the Internet. I see a few pictures and my brain creates an entire story about who the are and what they're like. They usually end up being the most incredibly cool person in the world! So jealous! But in reality, I'm sure that's not even close. Anyway, I'm trying to realise that I can use these imagined idealisations to improve qualities in myself. It doesn't matter if these people aren't who I imagine, I can still aim for their fictional perfect qualities that I have dreamt up. Wow, ace! I'll be the coolest dude there ever was!

So, what have I been up to?! Apart from being cool, this:

New Year's was brilliant! I went to a house party at Steven, Amy and Marc's new house (they're in The Bay, too!!) See how much fun I had: (Phil came, too!)

Another night, Speed & I went clubbing with my friends. Got back about 3am and went to bed. I fell asleep, then, after a while, felt disturbed in my sleep and I eventually woke up to see Speed's head peeping over my bed, in the dark!

Shocked, I was all "Dude!! What the fuck!!?", and he was all:
(dopey) "...You said I could use your en suite" then he walks out so I ran after him.
"When did I say that!?"
"...The other day"
"Not at 04:22 in the morning, you ass! What the hell!!?"

I went back to bed and jammed my door closed with my doorstop. I was too worried to sleep! Thought he might come back in and get me!! The thing is, Speed wasn't even that drunk last night... When we got up in the morning, I told him about it and he couldn't remember a thing! He swears it was all my dream, and then I started doubting it myself! Now we're totally confused, we don't know what happened last night! I'm pretty sure he was sleep walking, though... Hope he doesn't make a habit of it!

I'm in charge of arranging monthly breakfasts and pub nights for the PhD lot, now! The latest few have been good!

This weekend has been soooo busy. Yesterday, I had my Weekenders volunteering thing? Yeah, we went ice skating and swimming!! The flume pool was so cool! And I was with a bunch of kids so I didn't feel silly to enjoy it!

In the evening, I was pretty tired, but I still went to a house party at my friend Gareth, Tait and Price's house!! (They live in The Bay, tooo!!). So much fun, again! So much fun! Today, I saw some of the party people again and we had a meal and a walk (my good friend May slept over).

What a hoot! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment