Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What a half-week!

Soo much has happened in this last half-week. I haven't even had time to blog. But here I am, so make yourself comfortable and I'll tell all...

Friday was my last day working for Multicom! Wow, those 11 weeks went so fast!

I finished everything they wanted me to do in time, I created a new billing system for them!:

I think they're pretty pleased, they want me back at Christmas / next year! Anyway, that night we went out after work for a few drinks! Went to a cider bar which was really nice and had great food, but it made me remember how rough cider makes me feel! We checked out some other bars and it was a great night! I'll be sad to leave those dudes. It had a nice atmosphere at Multicom, it did.

Anyway, I had no time to worry about that! It was Saturday morning and Speed was coming over to visit me! Still feeling rough from the cider, I was secretly pleased he got slightly lost on the way.


We went to the water tower cafe and then the Zoo! I've been wanting to go there for ages but we never got round to it! It was everything I remembered and a sunny day too!

The prairie dogs were the cutest.

I wanted to show him a nice Bristol landmark, but the best I could come up with was the suspension bridge. We trekked down, then came back, the went to Nater's' house for a house party! Not many people there but it was still good. It was good to see everyone. We listened to loads of albums before going to bed.

Anyway, there was no time for that. Speed and I had to leave to go to Cardiff! The others were still in bed so we left them a note then went on our way.

The reason we were going to Cardiff was to pick up my keys / choose my bedroom for the 7 bedroom mansion I'm going to be living in for my second year at uni! This is probably the biggest house I'll ever live in. We met up with three other guys then went to the house to choose our rooms.


It went way better than I was expecting. I was expecting us all to run in and run around finding the best room with some people being pissed off with the leftovers. But we did it pretty calmly and agreed pretty well. I ended up with the room right at the back on the top floor:


The rooms downstairs were HUGE, but after last year living on the ground floor, I deffo want to be upstairs next year! (and p.s. The entire bottom floor at Senghennydd has brand new windows, even my old room!! typical!)

We didn't have time to hang around, but we managed to meet up with Dave before I got the (new high-speed) train home. I had a lovely BBQ on our new dining room table that finally came! Then went to bed...

That brings me to yesterday, which was pretty boring apart from going to see Ben & Carrie in the afternoon! Ben & I had a well needed jamming session, then they cooked me a meal! We jammed some more then I came home to get some sleep; I was going to need it for the day after...

...because the day after was today! And today has been the coolest day ever!!


Today Phil, Ria, Nat and I drove to Alton Towers!!! It was super. We went on all the scariest rides we could find, I wasn't even nervous!!! Air was so amazing, you run parallel to the track (along your back) through loads of loops and close obstacles. You can put your arms / legs out and it feels like you're flying!! Oblivion was amazing too, such a big drop!

Alton Towers kicked ass, I had so much fun, I felt like a little kid again. I was up for running around the place and staying 'till it closed. And now all the kids are back to school so the place was really quiet! We got on everything we wanted and it was just great!

Wow, what a blog. It took me the whole of Juturna to write this, but that's okay because I'm going to see Circa Survive TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been this excited about a gig for a long, long time! It's at barfly, the really small venue in Cardiff, so I'm going to physically meet Anthony Green!!!!!! I canny wait! I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Wow busy week, matey. Glad your "placement"/job went really well and you got everything done. Your kitchen and bedroom in your new place looks fantastic as well!

    It's weird, I'm going to be a first year again, so I don't know what I'll do in my third year when everyone (or at least most people) have gone home FOREVER. It's quite a scary thought.

    Alton Towers is like... less than 2 hours from where I live :P You should've given me a call, I'd have gladly come and ridden on all the rides with you. I LOVE theme parks.

    When are you back in the 'Diff for good? I'm back around Monday 17.

    ReplyDelete