Monday, August 27, 2007

Reading Festival

Hello, this weekend kicked ass.

Saturday, I got up early, Phil drove up with Ria and Kirsty, we picked up Nat then headed to Reading for Reading Festival 2007!


Such a great atmosphere, great people there, I managed to meet up with pretty much everyone I wanted to from uni, God knows how, there were about 40 thousand people!


'Crap weather' probably isn't the best way to describe it, but it was waaay too hot for a festival, so we couldn't really hang in the sun very long, so we didn't really get to watch bands 'till it cooled off a bit. When it did we say Angels & Airwaves (Tom was being such a dick), Bloc Party, Panic!, then after that we all headed to the tent to watch Biffy Clyro! That was some gig, short but great. Such a rough crowd, I was out of breath after the second song! Felt like you were gunna suffocate inside the tent, sooo hot! Phil couldn't take it, so he crowd surfed his way out! They played great, can't wait to see them for the 4th time in November. We couldn't be bothered to wait to meet the band, but we saw them at the signing tent.

After that we headed over to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers, that was also an amazing gig!

So great to be there.

It was pretty funny, in the day I went off to the toilet, see a sign for "Urinelle" so I start heading over, then I barley hear some guy saying 'excuse me', I turn around anyway and he tells me this is the girls, the blokes are round the corner! Embarrassed I got as far as I did, but it could've been so much worse. I missed the silent 'e' on "Urinelle". It turns out the women get funnels for female urinals, it speeds up the queue. I don't want to imagine what would've happened if I had walked much further...

After a fantastic day, our legs ached soooo much, we were so tired. The journey home was a bit scary as we were trying to keep Phil awake! We managed though, wow, what a great day.


Had such a nice lie in the day after, headed to Joe's house for a BBQ, and today I went to Cardiff (got tickets because we were meant to get the keys to our house, it wasn't possible so I just chilled out with Gecko and Speed for the day.


It was good to see those homies again. We went to the park so Gecko could show off his new camera. Did a pretty good job!

p.s. Da Vinci Code: book was great, film was good

2 comments:

  1. Da Vinci Code: book was great, film was PANTS. :P

    Even though the sorts of bands (other than RHCP - which I heard where shit? - and NIN) that played at Leeds/Reading aren't my thing anymore (for the last four or so years I haven't gone) I'm really glad you had an amazing time. Considering the amount of money people spend at the bloody things, I think it's great when people get some enjoyment out of it.

    At least the weather was good, too - when it's too hot, we whinge, but when it's too cold or - god forbid - RAINING... oh dear. :P

    See you in Cardifferous soon, my main man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice to see your picture. are you really sit on big tree there. can i take that pic. just for my wallpaper at home. it's so nice pic. thanks

    ReplyDelete