Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Round-up!

Oh, my poor, poor blog! It's been weeks!! I'm so sorry I haven't spoken to you, even on a certain someone's birthday earlier this month ;-) You're beautiful. Really.

I'm sorry it's been so long, but I have been working flat-out on my dissertation. It's taken me ages! It has to be in next week, and guess what! I finally finished it today!!!!! 15,000 words (plus appendices, totalling 150 pages) omg, so much. I'm so happy. But it's just as well, I have three weeks 'till my final exams start, I'm two weeks short of revision!! It's going to be intense!

So, what have I been up to!? Wow, where do I begin? Seriously! Ok, I remember:

I saw my friend Phil and we played some ball in Blaise woods, then he drove me to The Mall and made me buy a pair of shoes. It was so embarrassing when he asked some random stranger his opinion on my shoes!! Ahh, gotta love Phil.

Lucy came to visit me on her way back home last week! We went to The Mall (again!) and we shopped, and ate, and shopped, it was fun! And I met her mother, she was nice :-)

The evening before Easter day me, my sister Emma and her boyfriend went to my sister Rachel & Joe's house (plus Joe's sister & her boyfriend). It was fun, we had a BBQ out in the sun, then we talked and played games, then we had a big game of poker! Then we watched telly then we all went to bed there. In the morning, Joe got up early and made an Easter egg hunt for us!! After that we all drew faces on an egg and we boiled them and had egg & soildiers! Yum!

But I had to rush home because I promised my cousin Sarah I'd meet her for a drink! Let's go, it's been a year since I've seen her! We sat out in the lovely sun and talked and talked! It was great to see her again, but I couldn't stay too long because family were coming over for Easter Sunday dinner! We all ate loads, and played games and told jokes and had a bet on who would fall-asleep first when Grandpa wouldn't stop talking! Literally, people we nodding off!

I think my mum managed to top her most boring / useless / pointless game ever! It was a card game and I think she had forgotten the rules a bit. It was laughable! For desert, dad put really old whisky on a Christmas pudding and it almost exploded! Wow! We all sang "It's jolly old Christmas" as usual, only this time it was "Jolly old Easter"! ...ohhh, mum!

Tuesday just gone, my cousins Tom & Laura came to visit us for two nights. Us kids went to the pub for a meal, the next day we spent at my aunty's house, with food, games, pin-the-tail-on-the-easter-bunny, etc. Oh, what fun! I'll be sad to go back to Cardiff! But I must. I must lock myself in my bedroom and read until I can't read any more!

Right, I'm still happy about finishing my dissertation so I'm going to treat myself to an episode of Desperate Housewives (love that show!). Goodbye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment