Saturday, May 24, 2008

Won't it be strange when we're all fully grown

Hey blog, do you mind me being whiny for a bit? If I had a diary I'd spare you this, believe me.

Oh blog, do you ever feel extremely single? And panicky, and realise how time seems to go so fast? I have to talk myself down sometimes, usually I'm not this bad but just lately it's been hard.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's pretty much my fault. I'm such a stubborn bastard. Annoyingly patient, annoyingly positive; and I've got these ridiculous ideas of fairytales and love stories. Everyone tells me they don't exist, and I'm sadly starting to cave-in to their beliefs.

I've only had one fairytale experience: on the bus to Filton college. Every day I'd see her get on - the most beautiful girl ever. I never had the guts to talk to her, but one dull, rainy day - dripping wet - I got onto the bus. Every single seat was taken except one, right at the front, right next to her. What are the chances? It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

During the two years I spent at college I felt uglier than ever. And today I was soaking wet on a steamy bus. I sat next to her and said "Hi, sorry if I get you wet." Realising the innuendo and the circumstances I shut up and didn't expect a reply. So imagine my surprise when she started talking to me! I couldn't believe it! We talked all the way home, really enjoying eachother's company, and my feelings of ugliness were drowned in the conversation and excitement! I got off at her bus stop and could barley believe my own mouth when I heard the words "so, have you got a phone number?" stutter out of it. I was ecstatic when she actually wrote me a note with her name and number! We said our goodbyes and I practically danced all the way home!

Ever after that bus journey we sat next to eachother on every journey we made together - almost every day. I used to walk to meet her in Canford park to walk her dogs and stroll under the sun with her, totally stunned I had gotten to know her. We kept in touch for quite a while, though unfortunately I was too pathetic to get my act together and be her boyfriend. But even now she still sends me a text whenever I walk down her street. Nicola. My Suzy-Lee.

I suppose fairytales must exist! Just a matter of time. But it's so hard to keep yourself believing that, to keep the hope. I feel like a failure and am embarrassed even as to what my parents must think. Que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be.

5 comments:

  1. if u asked her out..how could she resist a lovely guy like u?

    fairytales do exist...u just gotta help em along abit...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. How will you know if you don't try?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carrie! Thank you! It was a long storey... in the end we turned out to be more "just friends" type...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just realised how disgusting the whole "innuendo" thing sounds, so I apologise if I offended anyone. I only put it in to show the sort of stupid paranoia that was going through my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I'm stealing that line Richy-Boy!

    X

    ReplyDelete